Monday, June 22, 2009

Diaper Watch 2005



I had to take this one out of the archives. It was stinking up the place.


= = =


NOTICE: ITEM FOR ADOPTION

Fri., Aug. 5, 2005 5:30 PM

Margaret St., Near Downtown




This diaper has been lying around for at least three days. I should know -- I've almost run over it with my bicycle that many times.

Could someone find a good home for this poor stray diaper? It's fossilizing in the hot summer sun.





Update: Aug. 11, 2005


As of 5:35 PM today that diaper is still there as you can see from the above photo. I wonder if the driver who owns the car next to it doesn't mind stepping over that nasty nappy to get in and out of his vehicle.

Is this diaper going for the record? Years ago a Plattsburgh mayor stated in the newspaper that he was playing a "game" with a diaper left on the Bridge St. bridge. Every day he checked to see if anyone was going to pick it up. If I remember correctly, he said it had been there for a week. Well, this crusty clump of cloth is now starting week #2.



Update: Aug. 17, 2005

DIAPER WATCH -- DAY 14


It's still there! It did move about a couple of feet. Apparently the driver of the car that keeps parking in the same spot got tired of stepping over it and kicked it back. How can I feel any civic pride after TWO WEEKS of this poopy perturbation sitting there?


Update: Aug. 18, 2005

It's gone! Did public works finally adopt it? Or did a civic minded person? My guess is that the diaper's core reached critical mass in the hot summer sun and spontaneously disintegrated.

No comments: